Help With Traffic Tickets and Violations
If you received a speeding ticket or you were cited for another traffic violation, you may be wondering if you should simply plead guilty by paying the ticket — or whether you have any options for fighting the ticket. Since North Carolina laws provide for penalties that can cause a driver to pay heavy fines, get points on his or her driving record, lose driving privileges or face time in jail, it is important to consult a lawyer about your options if you are concerned about consequences.
At the Law Office of Maricelis Timothee, PLLC, I defend drivers against traffic violations of all kinds, including:
- Running a red light or a stop sign
- Driving without a license
- Driving while license revoked (DWLR) or with a suspended license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Uninsured motorist offenses
- Not moving over for an officer — not pulling over to the next lane for a law enforcement vehicle
In many of these situations, I can help you receive a reduced penalty. In cases where the evidence is lacking or where law enforcement violated laws or procedures, we may be able to get the charges dropped.
Defense Against DWI Charges
If you were charged with drunk driving, you may have been shocked to learn that your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was above the legal limit of .08 and surprised to find out that your auto insurance can increase dramatically if you are convicted. You may be frightened about the potentially serious consequences of a repeat DWI or DUI, such as the potential loss of a job or a driver's license.
As an attorney trained in DWI defense, I can help you reach the best possible outcome in your case by:
- Exploring options for avoiding conviction in an initial DWI charge. These may include counseling.
- Challenging the evidence and probable cause for a traffic stop and arrest
- Helping you recover limited or full driving privileges, depending on the circumstances
- Helping you avoid or minimize jail time through counseling, treatment or other interventions
- Advising you to refuse a Breathalyzer test
Contact a Winston-Salem Traffic Law Attorney for a Free Consultation. Se Habla Español.
Contact me at 336-546-6152 to speak to an experienced Forsyth County DWI defense attorney and traffic ticket lawyer. I offer a free consultation regarding all traffic and criminal matters.
Le hablo en su propia idioma. Le explico la ley y sus derechoes en términos que entiende.